Forward thinking companies are now focusing on better sleep for their businesses to improve the bottom line.
Are you a CEO or business owner who wants to increase the work productivity of your team, improve morale, cut down on sick days, and improve creativity? Check out this article on the benefits of sleep for work productivity.
Get the upper hand on your competition. Well rested employees are going to be happier also. Here are 5 other reasons to promote sleep.
5 Reasons To Sleep
- A tired workforce is sick more often. – Poor sleep costs US companies more than 1.2 million sick days every year.
- Tired workers are expensive. – A 2016 investigation by the Rand Corporation found sleeplessness costs the U.S. economy more than $400 billion every single year.
- Less sleep = Less productivity. – A 2018 study examined the ways different sleep issues affected work productivity. That study found that people with mild insomnia had a 58% productivity loss. People who experienced daytime sleepiness had a 50% loss in productivity.
- Lack of sleep reduces ethics. – Fascinating research reveals how sleeplessness undermines ethical behavior. Lack of sleep weakens self-control and judgment, and clouds moral awareness.
- If your workers are tired, they are not creative. – Recent research suggests that both REM and the stages of non-REM sleep work together to stimulate the creative mind, helping the brain make interesting, unexpected connections from the vast array of information it absorbs.
Here is an opportunity for you to educate your employees on how to improve their sleep. Learn how to set up the work environment to promote better sleep. Better sleep for your business is a small investment that can pay big dividends.
Contact me for more information.