Are you tired of not being listened to or being told to just try the same things over and over again to try to help your insomnia? Or do you feel like you have tried EVERYTHING to try and sleep at night?
These are common complaints I hear from people that come to work with me. There is a reason for it. The system is inefficient at dealing with insomnia. Unless you have a clear medical sleep condition like sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome, the level of care you are going to get is mostly going to come from your primary doctor. They do not have the time or knowledge to dive deeper into sleep issues. This leads to the over prescribing of sleeping pills, when there are other techniques backed by science available that can be really effective.
How to fix insomnia
Like any remodeling project, we don’t really know what we are working with until we remove the drywall and see the framework. The same goes with your sleep.
To get the full picture of what is going on with your sleep we are going to find out the following about you;
- Chronotype – Your insomnia could be a circadian rhythm issue
- Mineral deficiencies/overages and heavy metal levels – When your levels are balanced your body runs how it should. When there are imbalances present the body still operates, but at a lower efficiency.
- Cortisol / Melatonin levels – Your hormones adhere to a circadian rhythm, when the rhythm is off so is your sleep.
- Behavior – Insomnia has a tendency to create coping mechanisms that perpetuate your insomnia.
- Cognitive – Your internal dialogue about your sleep plays a role in how you sleep. The body follows the mind.
- Breathing – Disordered breathing patterns can put the body in a state of fight or flight as you go to sleep or wake you up.
- Physical – Activity levels, pain management, and weight play roles in sleep
Once we see what is behind the walls, then we can start putting together a sleep blueprint that is just for you, followed up with the support you need as you go through it.
If you are tired (no pun intended, well maybe a little) of not being heard and not really being offered solutions tailored to you, contact me and let’s start a conversation.